Governance Now announces 8th edition of its prestigious PSU Awards. The Awards honour the efforts of Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) that have been key to the country’s growth.
Over the period of seven years, the awards ceremony has seen the presence of esteemed guests to recognise the efforts of PSUs and felicitate them.
Snapshot of a journey of the PSU Awards
7th PSU Awards: At the 7th PSU Awards Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal, MoS, Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises and Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, Government of India and Shri Shailesh Lodha, Actor felicitated the Winners.
6th PSU Awards: At the 6th PSU Awards Shri Manoj Tiwari and Smt Poonam Dhillon, Veteran Actor and Social Activist felicitated the Winners.
5th PSU Awards: At 5th PSU awards(2017), Shri Mansukh L Mandaviya, Union Minister of State, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Shipping, Chemical & Fertilizers, along with Smt. Krishna Raj, Union Minister of State, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare felicitated the winners in February 2018.
4th PSU Awards: The year 2016 has also seen the remarkable celebrations with Shri Ram Vilas Paswan, Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution along with Shri Babul Supriyo, Minister of state, Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises and veteran superstar Jeetendra felicitated the winners.
3rd PSU Awards: Similarly, in 2015, Minister of State for Railways, Shri Manoj Sinha and Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Shri Ram Vilas Paswan felicitated the winners.
2nd PSU Awards: Continuing the journey, in the year 2014, Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Shri Kalraj Mishra and Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Shri Ram Vilas Paswan felicitated the winners.
1st PSU Awards: The journey began in 2013 with Shri Praful Patel, then minister for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises felicitated the winners.
Award Categories Open for Nominations
The awards in this category would start with the filing of nominations by the PSUs. However, the Governance Now Research Team will also use its own research to get further information to verify and evaluate the nominations. The shortlisted applications will be presented to the jury for the final evaluation. The Awards are applicable for the financial year 2019-20.
(I) Categories For Nominations
Category N1: CSR
- Sub Category N1.1 Environment & Sustainability
- Sub Category N1.2: CSR Commitment (Overall)
- Sub Category N1.3: CSR Leader of the Year
Category N2 : Nation Building
Category N3: HR
- Sub Category N3.1: Reskilling of Employees (Training & Development)
- Sub Category N3.2: HR Excellence (Overall)
- Sub Category N3.3: HR Leader of the Year
Category N4: Digital Transformation
- Sub Category N4.1: Use of Emerging Technologies
- Sub Category N4.2: Digital PSU
- Sub Category N4.3: Digital Security
- Sub Category N4.4: Digital Transformation Leader of the Year (CIO/CTO)
- Sub Category N4.5: Digital Security Leader of the Year Award (CISO)
Category N5: Communication
- Sub Category N5.1: Communication Outreach
- Sub Category N 5.2: Communication Leader of the Year
Category N6: Research & Innovation
Category N7: New Initiatives
- Sub Category N 7.1: Investment in Start-ups
- Sub Category N 7.2: Increase in the Geo-strategic Reach
Category N8: The PSU LEADERSHIP AWARD - CMD
(II) Financial Categories (No Nomination Needed)
- Category F1: Strategic Performance
- Category F2: Employee Productivity
- Category F3: Resilient Growth (Turnaround)
- Category F4: Strategic Investments
- Category F5: Stock Market Perception
- Category F6: Highest Dividend payer
- Category F7: Best Performer (Financial)
How to Apply: Send us the filled declaration form (D1) and send us along with the financial reports of the last two fiscals (2019 & 20)
How to be the part of the financial Awards Categories
Financial performance of an organisation is critical for the overall evaluation of any company. Hence, Governance Now 8th PSU Awards lays equal thrust on the same. In the financial awards category evaluation, the Awards Research Agency will be using the data of the eligible public sector enterprises from the respective Annual Reports, CMIE Database and DPE surveys and reports to arrive at the scores. The scores thus arrived at will be normalised by the Research Team and will be presented to the jury to help them understand how well a PSU is performing given the inherent characteristics of industry, market and time. All formulas used to derived results will be validated by the set of jury beforehand.
(III) Other Categories
There may also be a Jury Award & Value Growth Awards for the PSU that stands out. It could be a disruptor, an experimental trial, an honourable failure, or something that little bit different or turn around that is significant.
- Value Growth
- Jury Choice
The winners will be decided based on the decision of the high-powered Jury, which would meet to evaluate the score presented by the M76 Analytics and adjudicate the winner in each of the awards categories. This would be followed by an on-ground conference and Awards ceremony.
How to apply
1. Draft detailed description of the organisation’s work (max. 2500 words) in the category in which the organization is sending application highlighting that would merit receipt of the 8th PSU Awards 2021. The note must refer to the importance of the work, its impact, and its projected influence.
2. Please share what sets you apart. Tangible examples of clear benefits are needed along with the financial cost and return.
3. Please send relevant supporting data specific to the category, annual reports (last two fiscals 2019-20; 2018-19), background info such as press cuttings, letters, reports, etc. online at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Entries to be submitted in the format/nomination form prescribed by us. Pls refer the format for each category.
Timeline: Application date extended Till 08th March 2021