Governance Now announces 6th edition of its prestigious PSU Awards. The Awards honour the efforts of Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) that have been key to the country’s growth.
Over the period of five years, the awards ceremony has seen the presence of esteemed guests to recognise the efforts of PSUs and felicitate them.
Snapshot of a journey of the PSU Awards
1st PSU Awards: The journey began in 2013 with Shri Praful Patel, then minister for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises felicitated the winners.
2nd PSU Awards: Continuing the journey, in the year 2014, Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Shri Kalraj Mishra and Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Shri Ram Vilas Paswan felicitated the winners.
3rd PSU Awards: Similarly, in 2015, Minister of State for Railways, Shri Manoj Sinha and Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Shri Ram Vilas Paswan felicitated the winners.
4th PSU Awards: The year 2016 has also seen the remarkable celebrations with Shri Ram Vilas Paswan, Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution along with Shri Babul Supriyo, Minister of state, Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises and veteran superstar Jeetendra felicitated the winners.
5th PSU Awards: At 5th PSU awards(2017), Shri Mansukh L Mandaviya, Union Minister of State, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Shipping, Chemical & Fertilizers, along with Smt. Krishna Raj, Union Minister of State, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare felicitated the winners in February 2018.
Award Categories 2018
The awards will be given to Maharatna, Navratana, Miniratna 1 & Miniratna 2 and other CPSE under the following categories:
- Strategic Performance
- Employee Productivity
- Consistent Growth
- Innovation & Technology
- Financial Leverage
- Strategic Investments
- Turn Around
- CSR activities
- Overall best performer (Financial)
- Outreach (Communication)
- Digital PSU Award
- Value Growth
- Jury Choice
- Digital Tech Award (for Tech Companies)
Awards ProcessFinancial Categories
Financial performance of an organisation is critical for the overall evaluation of any company and Governance Now 6th PSU Awards lays equal thrust on the same. With a total of Nine awards in the financial category, the Awards Research Agency M76 Analytics will be using the data from the respective Annual Reports and CMIE Prowess Database to arrive at the scores.
The scores thus arrived at will be normalised by the Research Team. This will help the Jury understand how well a PSU is performing given the inherent characteristics of industry, market and time. All formulas used to derived results will be validated by the set of jury beforehand.
The Governance Now 6th PSU Awards follows dual route of research and nomination. The process would start with filing of nominations by the PSUs for two non-financial category awards for Outreach (Communication), Digital PSU Award. However, the Governance Now Research Team will also use its own research to get further information to verify and evaluate the nominations for the non-financial parameters.
There will be other two categories which may award PSUs are Value Growth and Jury Choice.
Application for Non Financial AwardsHow to apply
- Draft an application up to 1500-2000 words explaining why you should win in this category. Please share what sets you apart and how it has benefited the business, customers, employees, community, investors, economy, and environment. Tangible examples of clear benefits are needed along with the financial cost and return.
- Parameters and key pointers that you should consider while writing your application as mentioned in categories
- Please send relevant supporting data specific to the category, annual reports (last two years), background info such as press cuttings, letters, reports, etc.
- Entries to be submitted in the excel format prescribed by us.
The winners will be decided based on the decision of the high-powered Jury, which would meet to evaluate the score presented by the Research Team and adjudicate the winner in each of the awards categories. This would be followed by an on ground conference and awards event.Outreach (Communication)
Points to consider while writing your application
- Social Media Presence
- Best Media Relation Campaign and Why?
- Your best digital Campaign and why?
Digital PSU Award
Please nominate the project which defines Business capability, Business efficiency, Customer experience Data driven business model, Employee productivity, and overall digital business Primary technology involved
- AI/Machine Learning
- Cognitive Computing Automation Cloud
- Multi-cloud-based Technology or Services Communications
- Social Data Analytics
- Data-as-a-Service Internet of Things (IoT) Mobile
- Smart Devices Quantum Computing Security for Digital Enterprise Virtual Reality
- Augmented Reality
- Augmented Intelligence
Jury choice Award, Value Growth Award
- There will also be a Jury Award & Value Growth for the PSU that stands out. It could be a disruptor, an experimental trial, an honourable failure, or something that little bit different or turn around that is significant.
- The Governance Now 6th PSU Awards is limited to Central PSUs. All CPSEs are eligible to send in their nominations.
- With a view to encourage a level playing field for applicants, the entries are invited in four separate categories—Maharatna, Navratna and Miniratna 1 and Miniratna 2 (including other CPSEs).
- The PSUs will have to submit their nomination for non-financial parameters in the prescribed form provided by the Governance Now 6th PSU Awards Secretariat. This will be scrutinised for awards by the esteemed Jury.
- All nominees are expected to provide complete details and data as per the Nomination Form. However, in case they do not have data or information to share, they can mark the respective fields as NA.
- There is no application fee for nomination of PSUs to the Governance Now 6th PSU Awards.
Terms & Conditions
- Governance Now and the 6th PSU Awards Jury has absolute rights to change / merge / delete / or create a new category of awards.
- Any misrepresentation of information could amount to disqualification of the nomination, without any prior notice.
- The Governance Now 6th PSU Awards Secretariat reserves the right to ask for additional information or clarification from the PSUs.
- The Governance Now 6th PSU Awards Secretariat will also use the Annual Reports of the PSUs and its own research to get further information to verify and evaluate the nominations.
- The Governance Now 6th PSU Awards process is designed to evaluate and compare the PSUs performance that are contextual and bear measurable outcome and impact as explained in the Evaluation Parameters and by submitting the nomination the PSU agrees to accept it.
- While the PSUs are encouraged to provide all information as sought in the Nomination Form, in case the PSU does not have data for any or some of the fields, it may clearly mention NA for the respective sections. However, this may impact their overall score and rating.
- No suggestion would be entertained for change in evaluation parameters and the format by the organizers for the Governance Now 6th PSU Awards. However, the same may be evaluated and incorporated by the organisers in the next edition of the Awards.
- Once submitted the nominations cannot be withdrawn or modified by the nominating PSU.
- The organisers reserve the right to reproduce the submitted material, wholly or in part, without limitation, in both print and electronic format.
- All or part of any information, photographs, submissions or any details generated for the purpose of Governance Now 6th PSU Awards may be used for further research, analysis and promotional activity.
- The Governance Now 6th PSU Awards Secretariat and Jury reserve the right not to make an award in case the nominations received are not found fit enough in terms of quality and quantity.
- The Governance Now 6th PSU Awards Jury will have the right to nominate PSUs for any special category award (Value growth or jury choice) that it feels should be in the consideration set.
- The decision of the Governance Now 6th PSU Awards Jury will be final and binding and no appeal will be entertained for change in the Jury decision.
- The authority of deciding on final winners lies with the 6th PSU Awards Jury and the final decision will it based on the report presented by the Governance Now 6th PSU Awards data analysis and evaluation team.
- The 6th PSU Awards Jury will include nominee from Governance Now, its partner companies and eminent personality from government and corporate sector. It will be headed by a Chairperson and no effort to influence any jury member during the process will be entertained. This may amount to disqualification of the candidature of the enterprise from the awards.
Governance Now PSU Awards Secretariat
Plot no 4, WASME House,
Sector 16A, Film City,
Noida—201301 (UP), India
- Kindly attach all relevant documents, testimonials, certificates, and scanned copy of Declaration Form (d1) with signature of the authorized person and company stamp and submit the completed form by email at email@example.com.
- For any queries pertaining to eligibility and filling up the questionnaire kindly contact Praggya Guptaa at firstname.lastname@example.org, +91 9873650603.
- The awards team will acknowledge receipts of entries through email only.
- Nominations received after the cut-off date or those with incomplete information will be rejected.