Led by Hon’ble Prime Minister’s vision of Digital India, India has evolved into a vibrant digital economy. Digital India has revolutionized the provision of government services to millions nationwide. As this ground breaking initiative advances to its next phase, it aims to ensure citizens' access to services anytime, anywhere, meeting the expectations of an increasingly tech-savvy population. India’s Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) wants to set up a National Government Cloud to store sensitive government and defence-related data locally.
In today’s digital landscape, organizations are increasingly seeking control and authority over their data, while also ensuring its security when stored with public cloud service providers. The solution lies in adopting a secure sovereign cloud, which combines out-of-the-box sovereign cloud capabilities with strong data security. To enable this transition, enterprise must adopt a sovereign cloud adoption framework that provides a set of guidelines to assess readiness for its adoption.
Data assumes a pivotal role in fostering innovation, driving national economies, and transforming public services. However, unsecured and unreliable data access can impede organizations from realizing their full digital potential. To counter this, governments, public sectors, and regulated entities are concentrating on controlling the legal jurisdiction of organizations' data and safeguarding it from unauthorized access.
Hence, the establishment of a nationwide digital infrastructure, complemented by new tools and technologies such as AI, Big Data, and the Internet of Things (IoT), becomes imperative for enhancing the well-being of every Indian. The Government of India must build and sustain a robust digital architecture to achieve this goal.
The spotlight is on cloud infrastructure as it forms the core of services delivered to Indian citizens through various applications. The government needs to initiate the process by evaluating and enhancing the digital posture of each relevant department, fostering an interconnected ecosystem of government, private, and peering entities. This approach aims to provide a seamless and secure last mile for Government-to-Citizen (G2C) services and support, all while prioritizing the safety of citizens' data and identity. The adoption of cloud technology simplifies, economizes, and expedites public sector organizations' response to rapidly evolving challenges. However, concerns persist regarding the privacy, security, and continuity of critical services in the realm of cloud technologies. The concept of a sovereign cloud is designed to ensure that services remain within the jurisdiction's control where they are utilized.
As the digital landscape evolves, the "Growing Relevance of Sovereign Cloud" becomes a pivotal discussion point. This session will intricately explore how sovereign cloud solutions are shaping the future of data security and compliance. From navigating intricate regulatory landscapes to ensuring data sovereignty.
Join Tata Communications and Governance Now at an exclusive Gov-tech Symposium on the theme ‘Digital India 2.0: Advancing Government-to-Citizen Services through Cloud’ on 19th January 2024 at Shangri-La, New Delhi as we delve into the transformative power of sovereign cloud in safeguarding sensitive information and meeting the ever-evolving compliance standards. This session is designed to equip you with insights into the strategic advantages and robust security measures that define the trajectory of sovereign cloud adoption.
Shri Soubhanick Routh
General Manager & Regional Head - Business Solutions
Shri Nitin Mishra
Chief Technology Officer
Shri Golok Simli
Chief Technology Officer, Ministry of External Affairs
Government of India
Shri Anurag Sharma
Executive Director-IT & CIO
Airports Authority of India Ltd
Shri S S Mathur
Group General Manager
Shri A K Patel
General Manager (IT) & CISO
Ms Lily Prasad
Chief Technology Officer
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
Shri Alok Pandey
Additional General Manager (IT) & CISO
Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India Limited
|...and many more
07.00 pm - 07.30 pm
Registration and Networking Tea
07.30 pm - 07.35 pm
Welcome Address by Governance Now
07.35 pm - 07.50 pm
Technology Address by Tata Communications
07.50 pm - 08.50 pm
Growing relevance of Sovereign Cloud: Navigating the Future of Data Security and Compliance
08.50 pm - 09.00 pm
Closing with Q&A
09.00 pm Onwards
Cocktail & Dinner
Key Discussion Pointers
- Define sovereign cloud solutions and their significance in modern data management.
- Increasing adoption of sovereign cloud solutions in government and private sectors.
- Discuss the critical role of data security in the era of sovereign cloud solutions.
- Emphasize the potential risks and challenges associated with managing sensitive data.
- Explore the evolving regulatory landscape related to data protection and privacy.
- Discuss the compliance requirements that organizations must adhere to in various regions.
- Identify and elaborate on key elements of robust data security strategies.
- Explain how sovereign cloud solutions contribute to enhanced data security.
- Discuss the geographical and jurisdictional advantages of sovereign clouds.
- Address common challenges organizations face in implementing robust data security measures.
- Discuss potential solutions and best practices for overcoming these challenges.
- Highlight the need for collaboration between government entities and private industry to establish effective data security frameworks.
- Discuss public-private partnerships and information-sharing initiatives.
- Emphasize the dynamic nature of cybersecurity threats.
- Discuss the need for continuous monitoring and adaptation of security measures.
- Discuss emerging trends and technologies in data security.
- Explore the potential impact of technologies such as artificial intelligence and block chain on data security.